Semi Truck Accident Lawyer
Skilled Personal Injury Attorney Serving Austin
With the amount of materials and goods moving around Austin and throughout the state of Texas, semi truck accidents resulting in serious and often life threatening injuries are an unfortunately common occurrence. In these situations, Austin truck accident lawyer Steven G. Nagle provides the aggressive legal representation you need. It is often other motorists who suffer the most severe injuries in these accidents. Both the truck driver and the trucking company itself may be held liable for the damages that result.
Experienced Legal Representation when Truck Accidents Occur
According to the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT), nearly 23,000 semi truck and tractor trailer accidents occur each year in the state, resulting in nearly 4,500 injuries and over 400 deaths. Most big rigs weigh an average of 80,000 pounds or more, and their massive size and bulk provide drivers who operate them a level of protection when crashes occur. Unfortunately, it is often other motorists who suffer the most severe injuries.
Austin truck accident lawyer Steven G. Nagle provides the trusted legal guidance you need in these situations, to help ensure your rights are protected. With over 35 years experience in handling legal matters for clients throughout our area, he can advise you on how to get the compensation you need to cover medical expenses, lost wages, and other costs you incur. Common types of injuries caused by semi truck accidents include:
- Soft tissue injuries, such as muscle strains, sprains, and tears;
- Broken bones and multiple fractures;
- Severe cuts and lacerations;
- Burn injuries, due to contact with metal parts and hot engine fluids;
- Abdominal injuries, resulting in internal bleeding and damage to body organs;
- Back and neck injuries, including whiplash and damage to discs and vertebrae;
- Spinal cord injuries, causing partial or complete paralysis;
- Head injuries, resulting in concussion and traumatic brain injuries (TBI).
Holding At-Fault Drivers and Trucking Companies Accountable
Crash reports from the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) indicate that while road, traffic, and adverse weather conditions may be a contributing factor in semi truck accidents, the leading causes are reckless behaviors on the part of the driver. Austin attorney Steven G. Nagle can advise you on how to hold these drivers accountable for actions such as:
- Speeding and going too fast for conditions;
- Disregarding traffic signs and signals;
- Tailgating and other aggressive driving behaviors;
- Distracted driving, such as using cellphones and texting;
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or other substances;
- Drowsy driving, and falling asleep behind the wheel.
In some cases, the trucking company itself may be held liable. Examples include when they fail to perform background checks or provide training for drivers, when semi trucks are improperly maintained, or when drivers are pushed to meet tight schedules, without adequate breaks or rest periods.
Reach Out to an Truck Accident Attorney Today
When semi truck accidents impact your or those you love, contact Austin attorney Stephen G. Nagle. Request a consultation to discuss your situation and the types of compensation which may be available.